Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hotel Rwanda

I heard the tragic event in Rwanda when it took place. Several years later I watched a movie about it. People cannot stop hurting each other. Some say it is inevitable; some say its human nature.
What will I do if I were Paul, in the same situation? This is a neutral way to tell the story, with sort of spirit of humanity. And to see a person maneuvering his relations and what's left with him to rescue those refugees, from being slaughtered.
Is there an end to it? Man can hardly admit the wrongdoings in the past. Just as Japan will never officially admit the event in Naking. To force anyone to confess the mistake in the past might not as good as it seems. We cannot forget the sorrows, the aftermath, and the lessons, and wish that would never take place again. But could people forget the hatred? To make someone apologize publicly is to provoke their trauma in the recess. For most people, to bear the memory is enough to be a punishment. So was it told by my friends from Germany.
Should we insist for an apology from them? From Japan? From KMT? If so, shouldn't we think who is reminding us the feud? Who is the one to retain the uneasiness and pains?
Yes, it is very difficult. If I were a victim, or a family member of the victims, would I have the courage to forgive?

No comments: